This Carers Rights Day, you are invited to the Mansion House, Jesmond, between
2pm and 3.30pm on Thursday 24 November 2022 to find out more about carers and the
support available to them.
Many people are taking on more caring responsibilities for relatives and friends who couldn’t manage without their help or support because of their age, disability, illness, mental health problems or drug or alcohol problems .
You don’t need to be an expert to help a carer find out about their rights. Sometimes pointing someone in the right direction for help, advice and support can make all the difference.
This information and networking event will raise your awareness of unpaid caring in Newcastle. You will find out more about local services so you can signpost carers to support.
As well as offering networking opportunities, you will hear from:
- Fiona Richardson, Carers Lead Officer, Newcastle City Council
- Newcastle Carers
- British Red Cross Emergency Card Scheme
- Claire Nixon, Newcastle Safeguarding Adults Board Coordinator, Newcastle City Council
- Welfare Rights Service
- North East PROPS
- Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals Trust
- Cumbria Northumberland Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- Lauren Hoy, Prevention, Information and Advice Lead, InformationNOW, Newcastle City Council
This event is part of the Prevention, Information and Advice Network at Newcastle City Council and welcomes staff and volunteers from services, businesses and organisations across the city.
To register for this event go to https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/carers-rights-day-2022-tickets-433621853637