The NSAB and NSCP have produced a new resource for people working or volunteering with those at risk of, or experiencing, criminal exploitation.
The two-sided document summarises key information in relation to criminal exploitation including:
- the different types of criminal exploitation
- the signs and indicators of criminal exploitation
- the vulnerabilities that may increase the risk of criminal exploitation
- the multi-agency referral pathways available
- the local and national services and support that could be accessed
- good practice when responding to a person experiencing criminal exploitation
- links to missing procedures
- the importance of safeguarding transition
- how anonymous reports can be made
- alleged perpetrator considerations
The flowchart builds on a previous version covering just sexual exploitation.