The Newcastle Safeguarding Adults Board have agreed a comprehensive review and update to their Safeguarding Adults Review (SAR) policy and procedures. These have been reviewed and agreed on a North of Tyne basis with Northumberland and North Tyneside Safeguarding Adults Boards.
The policy and procedures outline:
- Purpose of a SAR
- Criteria for conducting a SAR
- Identification and referral for a SAR
- Deciding to undertake a SAR
- The SAR process
- Implementation of the learning from a SAR
- Information sharing and security considerations.
The policy and procedures, including an updated SAR referral form can be accessed below.