Staff who have a responsibility for applying the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards. This will include anybody who arranges residential or nursing care such as: Managers registered under the Care Standards Act (2000), Deputy Managers, Ward Managers, Senior Practitioners, Team Managers, Signatories, Social Workers, Social Care Assessment Officers, Care Co-ordinators, Care
Managers, Band 5 Nurses or above, IMCA’s, Paid Relevant Person’s Representatives.
DoLS – Participants should attend either the ‘Basic Awareness’ OR the ‘Managers, Supervisory Body/Managing Authority’ training. Participants are required to attend MCA awareness or assessment training prior to attending any DoLS training courses.
Aim of the session
To provide in-depth knowledge of the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards process and documentation
This course will provide staff with an understanding of:
- The background to the legislation
- The role of the Managing Authority and the Supervisory Body
- The distinction between a restriction of liberty and a deprivation of liberty
- The assessment and authorisation process
- The roles involved including IMCA and Paid Representatives
- The link between DoLS and Safeguarding Adults. The DoLS documentation and completion
Online: Please click ‘Apply’ against your preferred date listed below
Email: If you have any queries or are unable to complete an online form, please contact the Workforce Development Admin Team: email@example.com or on 0191 277 2091.
If you are a Newcastle City Council employee you can book on any of these courses via LMS https://newcastle.learningpool.com/login/index.php
Please see the Charging Policy as you may be charged for training.