All staff that need to have an awareness of the MCA. This may include: care assistants, auxiliary staff, Community Support Officers, wardens, concierges, support staff, domestic staff, administrative staff/receptionists in health or social care settings, unpaid carers, volunteers.
MCA – Participants should attend the Basic Awareness or the Assessment training, NOT BOTH
Aim of the session
To increase basic awareness of the Mental Capacity Act and to provide a basic working knowledge of the policy and procedures operational in Newcastle
- The five principles of the Mental Capacity Act.
- The principles of assessing capacity and best interest.
- The role of the Independent Mental Capacity Advocate (IMCA)
- Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPA’s) and Advance Decisions.
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
Online: Please click ‘Apply’ against your preferred date listed below
Email: If you have any queries or are unable to complete an online form, please contact the Workforce Development Admin Team: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0191 277 2091.
If you are a Newcastle City Council employee you can book on any of these courses via LMS https://newcastle.learningpool.com/login/index.php
Please see the Charging Policy as you may be charged for training.