Staff who have organisational or professional responsibility to safeguard vulnerable adults, particularly in the community, and who would partake in risk assessments and protection planning. This will include: Social Workers, Community Nurses, CPN’s, Support Workers, Community Mental Health Workers, Team Leaders. This is also relevant for those working with children/families that may identify concerns relating to Adults at Risk
Staff will be expected to have completed Level 2 training prior to attending course.
Aim of the session
The course aims to equip staff to effectively understand and assess risks relation to adults, whether working directly with Adults, those transitioning to adulthood, of with the wider family. The course develops skills to complete the Safeguarding Adults risk assessment and management plan tool (RAMP).
This course will provide staff with an understanding of:
- the RAMP tool, how and when to use it;
- patterns, severity and frequency of abuse;
- risk assessment and risk management;
- vulnerability factors and likelihood and level of harm;
- working with the alleged victim and the alleged perpetrator;
- their roles and responsibilities in respect of the safeguarding adults process and procedures;
- the importance of working together and information sharing to protect vulnerable adults living at home or in institutional settings;
- the legal framework, domestic violence and the Mental Capacity Act.
Online: Please click ‘Apply’ against your preferred date listed below
Email: If you have any queries or are unable to complete an online form, please contact the Workforce Development Admin Team: email@example.com or on 0191 277 2091.
If you are a Newcastle City Council employee, you can book on any of these courses via LMS https://newcastle.learningpool.com/login/index.php
Please see the Charging Policy as you may be charged for training.