Staff who have organisational or professional responsibility to safeguard vulnerable adults, particularly in the community, and who would partake in risk assessments and protection planning. This will include: Social Workers, Community Nurses, CPN’s, Support Workers, Community Mental Health Workers, Team Leaders
Staff will be expected to have completed Level 2 training prior to attending course.
Aim of the session
The course aims to equip staff to effectively undertake and coordinate a safeguarding adult risk assessment and safeguarding adult protection plan.
This course will provide staff with an understanding of:
- the RAMP tool, how and when to use it;
- patterns, severity and frequency of abuse;
- risk assessment and risk management;
- vulnerability factors and likelihood and level of harm;
- working with the alleged victim and the alleged perpetrator;
- their roles and responsibilities in respect of the safeguarding adults process and procedures;
- the importance of working together and information sharing to protect vulnerable adults living at home or in institutional settings;
- the legal framework, domestic violence and the Mental Capacity Act.
Online: Please click ‘Apply’ against your preferred date listed below
Email: If you have any queries or are unable to complete an online form, please contact the Workforce Development Admin Team: email@example.com or on 0191 277 2091.
If you are a Newcastle City Council employee you can book on any of these courses via LMS https://newcastle.learningpool.com/login/index.php
Please see the Charging Policy as you may be charged for training.