All staff who have a responsibility to undertake safeguarding adults’ investigations. This may include managers, deputy managers and any other appropriate members of staff within organisations who have a responsibility to investigate allegations of abuse. Staff will be expected to have completed Level 2 training prior to attending this course
Participants will need to have completed Level Two training
Aim of the session
The course aims to equip managers of direct services to be confident in their role of preventing and responding to abuse
- Understand the role of the service manager and/or Designated Adult Safeguarding Manager (DASM)
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge to contribute effectively to a safeguarding adults enquiry
- Have an awareness, and application, of a range of local and national legal, policy and procedural frameworks when undertaking safeguarding adults activity
- Ensure adults at risk are supported appropriately to be involved and represented in a safeguarding adults enquiry
- Demonstrate the required level of skills and knowledge to undertake a safeguarding adults investigation (or assessment) as part of a safeguarding adults enquiry
Online: Please click ‘Apply’ against your preferred date listed below
Email: If you have any queries or are unable to complete an online form, please contact the Workforce Development Admin Team: email@example.com or on 0191 277 2091.
If you are a Newcastle City Council employee, you can book on any of these courses via LMS https://newcastle.learningpool.com/login/index.php
Please see the Charging Policy as you may be charged for training.