Members of the workforce who work predominantly with children, young people and /or their parents/carers and who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
This course is also suitable for those who manage any of the staff above.
Prior to this course you should have completed safeguarding training at both levels 1 and 2. You could have completed these via single agency training; multi agency training; e-learning (level 1 only); or achieved accredited learning through another professional course (this should be agreed by your line manager).
At the end of this session you will:
- Have undertaken a review of your prior knowledge
- Recognise the importance of having a holistic view of the child’s experience and journey
- Have reflected on the impact of parenting issues on children in their care
- Understand the key safeguarding terms associated with social care processes and the importance of working together
- Have practiced making decisions in relation to safeguarding thresholds and where this fits in the continuum of help and support
- Have received some local and national updates/signposting
Online: Please click ‘Apply’ against your preferred date listed below
Email: If you have any queries or are unable to complete an online form, please contact the Workforce Development Admin Team: email@example.com or on 0191 277 2091.
If you are a Newcastle City Council employee, you can book on any of these courses via LMS https://newcastle.learningpool.com/login/index.php
Please see the Charging Policy as you may be charged for training.