People who have a responsibility for receiving concerns, decision-making and informing statutory agencies who may come into with people that Self-Neglect. This may include anyone working in public facing roles: Housing Officers, Fire Service, Environmental Health, Social Care, Health Service , Police Service, Care Workers, Criminal Justice, homelessness, and other caring roles.
Participants will have obtained prior knowledge and understanding of safeguarding adults by completing learning equivalent to competencies (1-11) at Level One Basic Awareness.
Aim of the session:
Increase awareness of legislation, policies and procedures in relation to self- neglect. Inform practitioners of their role in recognising and responding to self- neglect and abuse.
The course will provide staff with an understanding of:
- Explore the definition of self-neglect in relation to the Care Act (2014)
- Understand the different types of self-neglect, its signs and indicators.
- Awareness and application of current legislation, local policies and procedures in relation to self-neglect.
- Identifying the level of risk or harm in relation to safeguarding.
- Exploring the possible strategies of self-neglect.
Online: Please click ‘Apply’ against your preferred date listed below
Email: If you have any queries or are unable to complete an online form, please contact the Workforce Development Admin Team: email@example.com or on 0191 277 2091.
If you are a Newcastle City Council employee, you can book on any of these courses via LMS https://newcastle.learningpool.com/login/index.php
Please see the Charging Policy as you may be charged for training.