People who have a responsibility for receiving concerns, decision-making and informing statutory agencies. This may include: Social Workers, District Nurses, Police Officers, RGN’s, RMN’s, Ward Sisters, Probation Officers, GP’s, Home Managers, Team Leaders, CPN’s.
Staff should have attended ‘Core Safeguarding Training’ and should come to the session with an understanding of their own agency’s recording policy and procedures.
Aim of the session:
Increase awareness of legislation, policies and procedures in relation to self- neglect. Inform practitioners of their role in recognising and responding to self- neglect and abuse.
The course will provide staff with an understanding of:
- Explore the definition of self-neglect in relation to the Care Act (2014)
- Understand the different types of self-neglect, its signs and indicators.
- Awareness and application of current legislation, local policies and procedures in relation to self-neglect.
- Identifying the level of risk or harm in relation to safeguarding.
- Exploring the possible strategies of self-neglect.
Online: Please click ‘Apply’ against your preferred date listed below
Email: If you have any queries or are unable to complete an online form, please contact the Workforce Development Admin Team: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0191 277 2091.
If you are a Newcastle City Council employee you can book on any of these courses via LMS https://newcastle.learningpool.com/login/index.php
Please see the Charging Policy as you may be charged for training.